Kyle is the Pie Capital of Texas™! This brand is part of our overall tourism program to encourage visitors to come to Kyle.
Visit the Pie Capital of Texas™ and explore our history, enjoy the food (including pie!), catch some live music, fish and picnic at Lake Kyle or just relax. Check the list below for some ideas about how to enjoy your time here in Kyle.
Things to Do
Train Depot — Stop by the Historic Kyle Train Depot and Heritage Center, open by appointment or each Saturday. Watch the excellent documentary videos and take a tour of the fully restored building. The restored caboose will soon be open for viewing as well.
Lake Kyle— Enjoy fishing (catch-and-release), picnics, a playscape, wash pits. In summer we offer free movies at the lake.
Kyle Market Days — 2nd Saturday of the month, April-September. Takes place from 9 a.m.-1 p.m. in City Square Park in downtown Kyle.
Visit local cemeteries, including Kyle Cemetery, which has lots of history and even some ghost tales.
See the Claiborne Kyle Log House — the original home built by Claiborne Kyle (whose son Fergus Kyle is for whom the town in named after) open to the public several times a year or by appointment.
Download the Texas Historical Commission app for historical markers and visit the ones in Kyle.
Geocaching — The Kyle Chamber offers a fun geocaching program. Their new coins will have the Pie Capital of Texas logo!
EVO (movies, bowling, arcade, food)
Places to Stay
Food and Entertainment
Many locations in Kyle and the surrounding area offer live music, great food and a place to relax with friends and family. The list below has just a sampling of the eateries in the city limits of Kyle:
- Milt’s BBQ (they serve Frito Pie, called a Haystack!)
- The Railhouse
- Papa Jack’s
- Casa Garcia
- Casa Maria’s
- Texas Pie Company (many kinds of sweet and even savory pies available)
- Pizza Classics
- Fox’s Den Pizza
- Pizza chains: Papa Murphy’s, Domino’s, Papa John’s, Little Caesars, Marco’s Pizza
- Wright’s Emporium
- La Ola Pop Shop
- New World Bakery (stop by Tuesdays and Thursdays for fresh baked soft pretzels, along with various muffins and breads)
- Vintage Chicks
- Kyle Library Thrift Shop
- Milagros Religious Gifts and More
Make Kyle your home base as you explore the Texas Hill Country! Here are a few ideas:
Hill Country Wineries
- Lions Club Tube Rental in San Marcos
- Texas State Tubes
Other eateries nearby
- Hays City Store
- Palmers in San Marcos
- Tratorria Lisina in Driftwood (located next to the Duchman Family Winery)
- Kent Black’s Barbeque in San Marcos or
- The Salt Lick in Driftwood.